- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to flag off the longest-ever luxury cruise from Varanasi to Dibrugarh via Bangladesh on January 13, which is intended to boost the tourism potential and relations between the two neighboring countries.
- This was disclosed by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath during a meeting with officials here on January 2, 2023.
- Known as Ganga Vilas Cruise, this cruise will connect Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh to Dibrugarh in Assam, and travel through Kolkata and Dhaka. As per the latest development, the world’s longest luxury river cruise is all set to start its journey on 13th January 2023, which will be a distance of around 3200 km.
- Ganga Vilas is built with a unique design and a futuristic vision. It blends cultural and modern amenities with minimalistic designs.
- These have been furnished with numerous amenities such as a bathroom with shower, convertible beds, French balcony, LED TV, safe, smoke detectors, life vest, and sprinklers.
PM Modi to flag off the world’s longest river cruise from Varanasi on January 13
Click here for more Current Affairs