- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 12 inaugurated International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit (IDF WDS) 2022. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath also shared the dais with the PM.
- The government has taken multiple steps for the betterment of the dairy industry resulting in an increase of milk production by more than 44% in the last eight years
- The four days long IDF WDS 2022 being held from 12th to 15th September, is a congregation of global and Indian dairy stakeholders including industry leaders, experts, farmers, and policy planners centering around the theme of ‘Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood’.
- The last such Summit was held in India about half a century ago in 1974. The Indian dairy industry is unique in the sense that it is based on a cooperative model that empowers small and marginal dairy farmers, especially women.
- The success story of the Indian dairy industry, accounting for about 23 percent of global milk, producing around 210 million tonnes annually and empowering more than 8 crore dairy farmers, will be showcased at the Summit.
- The summit will also help Indian dairy farmers to gain exposure about the global best practices.
PM Modi inaugurates International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit 2022
Click here for more Current Affairs