- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 900 metre-long Mahakal Lok corridor built at the Mahakaleshwar temple.
- PM Modi dedicated tot he nation the first phase of the ₹850 crore Mahakaleshwar Temple Corridor Development Project in Ujjain.
- After inaugurating the project, Prime Minister Narendra Modi also inspected the Mahakal Lok corridor in Ujjain. He was accompanied by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Modi, attired in traditional dhoti and gamcha (stole), entered the sanctum sanctorum of the Lord Mahakal temple at around 6 PM. He was accompanied by Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia.
- According to Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), the Phase-I of the ‘Mahakal Lok’ project will help in enriching the experience of pilgrims visiting the temple by providing them with world-class modern amenities.
PM Modi inaugurated Mahakal Lok corridor at Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain
Click here for more Current Affairs