- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of projects worth over ₹5200 crores in Bhavnagar today. The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of the World’s First CNG Terminal and of the brownfield port at Bhavnagar.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated the Regional Science Centre which is spread over 20 acres and has been built at a cost of around ₹100 crores.
- During the programme, the Prime Minister also inaugurated various other projects including package 7 of Sauni Yojna link 2, 25 MW Palitana Solar PV Project, APPL Container (Aawadkrupa Plastomech Pvt. Ltd.) project; and laid the foundation stone of projects including package 9 of Sauni Yohna link 2, Chorvadla Zone water supply project among others.
- The Prime Minister remarked that Bhavnagar is a district situated on the coast and Gujarat has the longest coastline in the country. But due to the lack of attention to coastal development in the post-independence decades, this vast coastline had become a kind of big challenge for the people.
- Highlighting the work done by the double-engine government, the Prime Minister remarked that in the last two decades, the government has made sincere efforts to make Gujarat’s coastline the gateway to India’s prosperity. “We have developed many ports in Gujarat, modernized many ports”, the Prime Minister added, “New opportunities for employment were created.” The Prime Minister pointed out that Gujarat was the first state in the country to get an LNG terminal and today, Gujarat has three LNG terminals.
- The Prime Minister underlined that the port of Bhavnagar will play a big role in building a self-reliant India and create hundreds of new employment opportunities in the state. “There will be an expansion of business related to storage, transportation and logistics”, Shri Modi added. Referring to the legacy of the Alang Ship breaking yard, the Prime Minister said that the biggest beneficiary of the Vehicle Scrappage Policy will be Bhavnagar. He also underlined the related opportunities of container building from the scrapped iron.
PM inaugurates and laid foundation stone of of the World’s First CNG Terminal in Bhavnagar
Click here for more Current Affairs