- The United Arab Emirates, home to oil-rich Abu Dhabi and glitzy Dubai, has a new record to add to its list: the world’s most powerful travel document.
- That’s according to a Passport Index published by Arton Capital that features a top-ten dominated by European countries.
- UAE topped the list of world’s strongest passports, followed by Germany, Sweden, Finland, Luxembourg, Spain, and France.
- While India stood at the 87th position, Afghanistan stood at the last position while Pakistan stood at the 94th position.
- With a UAE passport travelers can enter to 180 countries hassle-free — seven more than European countries such as Germany and Sweden, and nine more than Japan, whose travel document was ranked as the world’s best earlier this year in a list published by Henley & Partners.
- Japan ranked 24th in the list because it had easy access to 171 countries. Earlier this year, Japan’s passport was ranked as the best in the world in a list published by Henley & Partners.
- The data for this list is provided by the governments of different countries. There are 3 steps to make this list, which rates on the basis of Mobility Score (MS). This also includes the VF portion of Visafree, Visa on Arrival, eTA and eVisa (if issued within 3 days).
Passport Index 2022 published by Arton Capital :-UAE ranked 1st
Click here for more Current Affairs