- The Union Minister of Ayush and Ports, Shipping & Waterways Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the new, state of the art complex of Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine (RRIUM) in Silchar today.
- The newly opened institute is the first such center in the Northeast on Unani medicine — a traditional medicinal practice among the Ayush systems.
- The new complex spread over an area of 3.5 acres is built with an investment of ₹48 crores.
- The complex was developed by the National Projects Construction Corporation (NPCC) – a Govt of India enterprise.
- It was handed over to Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Ayush, Govt of India.
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, and Ayush, Sarbananda Sonowal said, “Ayush system of medicine has reinvigorated its acceptability among people once again after the proven results have benefitted lakhs of people during the pandemic.”
- “Under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, there is a sincere effort to build a robust medical infrastructure that is modern, equipped and one that enables patients to heal and enhance their quality of life.
- The effectiveness of the Ayush system of medicine in enhancing the quality of life of people is a proven fact, which is why, we are working on a medical system, where the best of contemporary medicine can be supplemented with the traditional medicinal practices of Ayush,” he said.
Northeast’s first Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine at Silchar inaugurated by Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
Click here for more Current Affairs