- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Teerth Darshan Yojana has been started by the state government. Which will be operated by Madhya Pradesh Government, Religious Trust, and Endowment Department, and the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.
- Under this scheme, senior citizens above 60 years of age living in the state will get the opportunity to go on a free pilgrimage to any one of the pilgrimage sites in India.
- All the elderly people of Madhya Pradesh above 60 years can get the benefit of MP Teerth Darshan Yojana.
- The free pilgrimage will be done through this scheme.
- Many other facilities like arrangements for stay, food, and drink will also be provided during the journey.
- Under MP Tirth Darshan Yojana, elderly passengers above 60 years of age or passengers suffering from more than 60 percent disability can also take a support person with them for care.
- Through this scheme, those elderly citizens who are never able to do pilgrimage due to financial constraints will get an opportunity to go on pilgrimage.
Mukhymantri Tirth Darshan Yojna launched by Madhya Pradesh Government
Click here for more Current Affairs