- In Gujarat, Bharatiya Janata Party MLA Shankar Chowdhary has been made the unopposed Speaker, and senior MLA Jetha Bharwad the Deputy Speaker of the 15th State Assembly.
- The election for the Assembly posts of Speaker and Deputy Speaker was held on 20th December during the assembly session.
- The newly-elected MLAs will be administered the oath of office in the Assembly on December 19 by Protem Speaker Yogesh Patel.
- Mr. Chaudhary represents the Tharad seat in the Banaskantha district and had served as a Minister in the governments led by Anandiben Patel and Vijay Rupani between 2014 and 2017.
- Mr. Bharwad, a six-time MLA from the Shehra Assembly seat of Panchmahal district, had served as the Deputy Speaker of the Assembly between 2021 and 2022 in the last Assembly.
MLA Shankar Chowdhary appointed Speaker of the 15th Legislative Assembly in Gujrat
Click here for more Current Affairs