- Star Indian pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty clinched the French Open Super 750 title with a straight-game victory over Chinese Taipei’s Lu Ching Yao and Yang Po Han in the men’s doubles final.
- The world number eight pair outwit the 25th ranked Lu and Yang 21-13, 21-19 in the final that lasted 48 minutes.
- The Indian pair thus continued their dream run this year, which saw them win the Indian Open super 500 title, Commonwealth Games gold, Thomas Cup crown and an unprecedented bronze at the World Championships in August.
- It is the pair’s third world tour title, following the 2019 Thailand Open Super 500 and India Open Super 500 this year. They are also the first Indian duo to win a super 750 tournament.
- In a battle between two attacking teams, it was Satwik and Chirag who emerged victorious as they showed better tactical acumen and hunger to reign supreme over their rivals.
- The Indian pair came out all cylinders blazing to jump to a 5-0 lead. They kept moving ahead, not giving any chance to their opponent to make a comeback.
Men’s doubles title in the French Open badminton tournament won by the pair of Satwik and Chirag Shetty
Click here for more Current Affairs