- Meghalaya is all set to host the 4 day long mega global adventure sports spectacle – “MEGHA KAYAK FESTIVAL 2022” starting October 13 at picturesque Umtrew River at Umtham Village.
- In what promises to be the biggest Kayaking event of the Indian subcontinent, the 2022 edition of the “MEGHA KAYAK FESTIVAL” will witness over 100 participants from close to 20 countries across the globe, featuring some of the best-known athletes from of this Olympic sport.
- The festival will include white water Kayaking events in three competition categories – Downriver Time Trial, Extreme Slalom and Downriver Freestyle for professionals as well as intermediate /amateur racers.
- Megha Kayak Festival 2002 is receiving an overwhelming response with participation assured from leading adventure water sports nations like New Zealand, the United Kingdom. Germany, France, and Canada; to name a few. Moreover, with names like Beth Morgan, Nouria Newman, Sofia Reniso, Giovanni De Gennaro and Andi Brunner, apart from a host of international Kayak athletes confirming their attendance; the stature of the event has enhanced by leaps and bounds this year.
- The Event organised by Meghalaya Tourism is in line with the honorable Chief Minister Conrad Sangma ‘s vision of showcasing “Mesmerizing Meghalaya” to the world. The “MEGHA KAYAK FESTIVAL” is a wonderful opportunity of establishing the state as a one of the leading white-water sports destinations in the world. Meghalaya’s fresh clean, rapid rivers make it a paradise for whitewater rafters and kayakers.
- Participating in this exciting event will not only provide participants an experience of a lifetime, but also give them a chance to network with like-minded people from all over the world who share a passion for kayaking.
MEGHALAYA GEARS UP TO HOST “MEGHA KAYAK FESTIVAL 2022”
Click here for more Current Affairs