- Mr Musk announced on 12 May 2023 that he was hiring Linda Yacarino as the new CEO of San Francisco-based Twitter, now called X Corp.
- Linda will take over Twitter in the coming weeks. Musk said Linda would focus primarily on business operations while he himself would focus on product design and new technology.
- Ms. Yacarino, 60, has worked as an advertising executive for decades.
- She oversaw the integration of advertising sales platforms at NBCUniversal in 2011.
- Prior to that, she held a variety of roles at Turner Broadcasting Systems Inc. from 1996 to 2011, including executive vice president and chief operating officer.