- On Saturday (10 December), Cochin International Airport Limited’s (CIAL) new Business Jet Terminal was inaugurated by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- The business jet terminal inaugurated was built at a cost of 40 crore rupees by renovating the old domestic terminal.
- It covers an area of 40,000 sq ft with comfortable lounges, customs and immigration counters, a business centre and other modern facilities.
- Kerala achieved 114 per cent growth in the hospitality sector and 75 per cent growth in the aviation sector.
- One of the major reasons for the excellence that Kerala has achieved in the field of aviation is because of CIAL. About 65 per cent of the state’s air passengers are handled by CIAL.
- Even in the midst of the COVID crisis, the company undertook and implemented many infrastructure development projects which helped in increasing efficiency.
- Through these ventures, including the newly launched Business Jet Terminal, the state aims at integrating hospitality and aviation sectors.
- The concept of a relatively low-cost business jet travel with ultramodern facilities is now made possible by the opening of this terminal. CIAL is also ceaselessly planning many more developmental projects including an international cargo complex, a commercial zone and a five-star hotel.
Kerala Chief Minister Inaugurated India’s Largest Business Jet Terminal In Cochin Airport
Click here for more Current Affairs