- The one month long Kashi Tamil sangam started on Thursday in Varanasi. The first batch of the delegates from Tamilnadu will reach tomorrow late night at Varanasi.
- People of Kashi are quite excited about the Sangam and particularly those who are from Tamil origin and living in Varanasi are very enthusiastic.
- The Sangam is being organised by the Government of India as a part of the ‘Aazadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and to uphold the spirit of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
- This Sangam will bring together people from two different regions at the level of language.
- Delegations from Tamil Nadu will visit Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Ayodhya Temple and the famous Ganga Aarti of Varanasi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will formally inaugurate the event.
- It aims to bring the two knowledge and cultural traditions closer, build upon and understand our shared heritage and deepen people-to-people bonds between the regions.
- BHU and IIT-Madras are the knowledge partners for the event, and the Ministries of Culture, Tourism, Railways, Textiles and Food Processing have been included as stakeholders, apart from the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the Varanasi Administration.
Kashi Tamil Sangamam begins in Varanasi
Click here for more Current Affairs