- Karnataka’s famous groundnut festival ‘Kadalekai Parishe’ begins on November 21, 2022, after a two-year Covid-19 hiatus.
- It happens near the Dodda Ganesha temple and the Bull Temple at Basavanagudi.
- Different varieties of groundnut supplied by farmers from all over Karnataka and neighboring states are the main attraction of the fair.
- Bull Temple Road was lined with hundreds of vendors offering everything from flowers to jewellery, food and fruits, tattoos and artefacts, which drew crowds.
- In the street opposite Basavanagudi is the famous Bull Temple, where the Kadalekai Parishe is held every year.
- Groundnut farmers from Karnataka as well as neighbouring areas of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh bring bags of groundnuts to sell at the fair.
- Every year, on the final Monday of the holy month of Karthika Masa, the Kadlekai Parishe is held.
Karnataka’s groundnut festival ‘Kadalekai Parishe’ begins
Click here for more Current Affairs