- A first of its kind, Bird Festival in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir is going to be organized soon to promote sustainable ecotourism and give impetus to nature based alternative sources of livelihood to the local people.
- The Secretary, Tourism & Culture Jammu and Kashmir, Sarmad Hafeez said that the festival is tentatively being planned to be held in Pahalgam and Dachigaam areas.
- He said that besides the bird watching sessions, awareness camps and conservation drives, it would have pre festival bird watching trails for more than a month all across Jammu and Kashmir.
- The inaugural ceremony of the six day Bird Festival was attended by a large number of nature enthusiasts and bird lovers from across the country as well as Jammu and Kashmir.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Tourism Department and the Sanctuary Nature Foundation. The Logo of the bird fest was also unveiled in presence of the team members of SNF, Local school students, Local stakeholders, and various other aligned departments.
J&K Tourism department inaugurates Bird Festival at Pahalgam in South Kashmir
Click here for more Current Affairs