- On October 10, 2022, 20-year-old Jagriti Yadav from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh became the High Commissioner in the British High Commission for one day in India in the ‘India edition of the High Commissioner competition for one day’.
- Jagriti experienced a broad range of diplomatic activities that included leading meetings with diverse stakeholders, chairing discussions and attending several events during the day.
- The British Embassy said that Jagriti Yadav is the sixth winner of the India edition of the High Commissioner competition for one day.
- Jagriti Yadav spent a day as Britain’s top diplomat in India after winning the sixth edition of the High Commissioner’s Competition for a day. Jagriti also experienced a wide range of diplomatic activities, including meeting with various stakeholders. During this Jagriti also participated in many programs.
- It is known that this competition is organized annually since the year 2017. The aim of this competition is to empower women for the next generation.
- Alex Ellis, Deputy High Commissioner for the Day (on other days, High Commissioner to India), said: “The High Commissioner for a Day is an event I look forward to every year. Jagriti is articulate and focused and shows the talent across India. As women rise, we all rise.”
Jagriti Yadav became UK High Commissioner for a Day
Click here for more Current Affairs