- The fifth assembly of the International Solar Assembly will focus on critical issues of energy access, security, and transition, which will be held in Delhi from October 17. The three-day event will see delegates from109 countries deliberate on key initiatives taken up by the global alliance.
- The assembly will release three reports, which include the world solar technology report, the world solar market report, and the world solar investment report.
- The Assembly is the apex decision-making body of ISA, in which each Member Country is represented. This body makes decisions concerning the implementation of the ISA’s Framework Agreement and coordinated actions to be taken to achieve its objective.
- The Assembly meets annually at the ministerial level at the ISA’s seat. It assesses the aggregate effect of the programmes and other activities in terms of deployment of solar energy, performance, reliability, cost and scale of finance.
- The Fifth Assembly of the ISA will deliberate on the key initiatives of ISA on three critical issues of energy access, energy security, and energy transition. World leaders from ISA Member Countries will also discuss the strategic plan of the ISA in Programmatic Support for LDC and SIDS Member Countries, Capacity Building support to all developing Member Countries, and Analytics & Advocacy support to all Member Countries.
- The 5th Assembly is expected to lead to a greater consensus among countries for promotion of solar power. Increased international cooperation will be the backbone of energy transition, propelling investment and creating millions of new green jobs in this crucial decade of climate action.
- The ISA Secretariat has planned a series of technical sessions on various strategic initiatives of the ISA on October 19, 2022, and technical sessions on various emergent issues in the solar and clean energy sector in collaboration with partner organisations.
International Solar Alliance’s Fifth Assembly to be held in New Delhi from 17th to 20th October, 2022
Click here for more Current Affairs