- International Happiness Day is celebrated on 20 March every year across the world
- The United Nations started celebrating this day in 2013, but the resolution for this was passed on 12 July 2012.
- Bhutan in the 1970s initially prioritized the value of national happiness over national income.
- It also got the support of the vote of 193 countries in the UN General Assembly.
- The theme of this year’s(2022) International Happiness Day is Keep Calm, Stay Wise and Be Kind
The purpose behind celebrating International Happiness Day is that by celebrating this day, you can find new opportunities to bring happiness to life. It is believed that the society which is happy makes the most progress. The country which is the happiest also makes the most economic progress.