- On October 29, 2022, a five-day Udbhav International Dance Festival began in Gwalior district of Madhya Pradesh. More than 700 artists from five countries, including India, will perform in it.
- This confluence of art and culture of the country and abroad was seen in the carnival which was part of the inaugural ceremony of the Greenwood Uddhav Utsav.
- Artists from Sri Lanka, Kyrgyzstan, Taiwan and Uzbekistan as well as 24 teams from different states of the country participated in the carnival which started from the Manas Bhawan Phoolbagh.
- When the carnival reached the samadhi of Veerangana Laxmibai via the Phulbagh square, the artists of all the teams displayed their art and culture there.
- After this, passing through the Padav junction, the colourful procession of more than 1200 artists reached the Scindia Girls School. Earlier, Taiwan’s Ambassador Baushuan Ger flagged off the carnival.
- Taiwan Ambassador Baushuan Geer, who attended the program as the chief guest, said that India and Taiwan are doing many cultural and education programs, artists from both countries are learning a lot by visiting each other’s countries and now after Covid for the first time, Taiwanese team is happy to come to India.
- Taiwanese artists said that the culture of India is rich, while it is very different from the culture of Taiwan, which is why they will get to learn a lot after coming to India.
- Kashmiri artists said that they have come to Gwalior for the first time to give performances of Kashmiri folk culture.
International Dance Carnival Begins in Gwalior
Click here for more Current Affairs