- Indore was on October 01, 2022, declared the cleanest city in India for the sixth consecutive year, and Madhya Pradesh the best performing state in the Swachh Survekshan 2022, the central government’s annual cleanliness survey of urban areas under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Indore bagged the cleanest city title for the sixth year in a row, while Surat city was adjudged the second cleanest city for the second time in a row. Navi Mumbai secured the third position.
- In the category of cities with population less than one lakh, Panchgani in Maharashtra ranks first, followed by Patan in Chhattisgarh and Karad in Maharashtra.
- The processing of 1,900 tons of urban waste every day which earns it crores of rupees and also fuels its buses has helped Indore bag `India’s cleanest city’ award for the sixth straight time.
- While segregation of garbage into `dry’ and `wet’ categories is common, in Indore segregation happens in six categories at a collection point.
- The largest city of Madhya Pradesh with a population of 35 lakh, also known as the state’s commercial capital, is garbage bin-free, even though it generates 1,200 tons of dry waste and 700 tons of wet waste daily.
Indore Became The Cleanest City In India For The Sixth Time
Click here for more Current Affairs