- The Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue 2022 (IPRD-2022), the annual apex-level regional strategic dialogue of the Indian Navy, is being conducted by the Indian Navy in New Delhi from 23 November 2022 to 25 November 2022.
- The IPRD is an apex-level international annual conference of the Navy and the principal manifestation of the Navy’s engagement at the strategic level.
- The National Maritime Foundation (NMF) is the Navy’s knowledge partner and chief organiser of each edition of the event.
- The theme of IPRD-2022 is “Operationalising the Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative (IPOI)”, which was articulated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the 14th East Asia Summit (EAS) in Bangkok on November 4, 2019, the defence ministry said.
About The Development:-
- Inaugural session of the event kicked off with Adm Karambir Singh (retd), the incumbent Chairman of the National Maritime Foundation, and former Chief of the Naval Staff, welcoming all present and highlighting the importance of the Indo-Pacific in the prevailing geopolitical scenario, focusing specially upon India’s maritime policy encapsulated by the acronym SAGAR (Security And Growth for All in the Region) and the first-order specificity provided to SAGAR by the Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative (IPOI), which had been enunciated by PM Narendra Modi, on 14 November, 2019 when he addressed the 14th East Asia Summit in Bangkok.