- Former Vice-President Hamid Ansari presented the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development of 2021 to Pratham.
- Pratham is an NGO functioning in the field of education. The award is in recognition of Pratham’s work in ensuring quality education for children of the country, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development was instituted in the memory of the former prime minister by a trust in her name in 1986.
- It consists of a monetary award of Rs 25 lakh along with a citation.
- It is given to individuals or organizations who work towards ensuring international peace and development, ensuring that scientific discoveries are used to further the scope of freedom and better humanity, and creating a new international economic order.
Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace Disarmament, and Development – 2022
Click here for more Current Affairs