- India’s first hybrid sounding rocket by private players was successfully launched from Pattipulam village in the Chengalpattu district of Tamil Nadu.
- Martin Foundation, in association with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam International Foundation and Space Zone India, launched the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Satellite Launch Vehicle Mission- 2023.
- The selected students designed and constructed a student satellite launch vehicle (rocket) and 150 PICO satellite research experiment cubes that contained different payloads.
- The reusable rocket was made by the selected top 100 students, while the rest made the satellites.
- The rocket can be used for research in weather, atmospheric conditions, and radiation.
- A hybrid-sounding rocket is a type of rocket that uses a hybrid rocket engine to power its flight.
- A hybrid rocket engine uses a solid fuel grain and a liquid or gaseous oxidizer to generate thrust.
- Hybrid-sounding rockets are often used by universities, government agencies, and private companies for scientific research and testing of new technologies because of their low cost.
India’s First Hybrid Rocket launched from Pattipulam village in the Chengalpattu district of Tamil Nadu
Click here for more Current Affairs