- Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) is on an official visit to Japan from 5th to 9th November 2022. He will witness the International Fleet Review (IFR) conducted by the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) at Yokosuka on November 6 to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of its formation.
- During the visit, as one of the Observer Navies in the Western Pacific Naval Symposium (WPNS), the CNS will also attend the 18th WPNS on the 07th and 08th November at Yokohama, being hosted by Japan, as the current Chair of WPNS.
- Two leading Indian Navy warships have reached Yokosuka, Japan to participate in the International Fleet Review (IRF) to be held in Sagami Bay on 06 November.
- Indian Navy warships INS Shivalik and Kamorta will also participate in the 26th Malabar Exercise at Yokosuka, Japan from November 08-18.
- The Malabar Naval Exercise, which began in 1992, is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. Apart from India’s two warships, P-8I reconnaissance aircraft are also participating in the Malabar exercise.
Indian Navy Chief Admiral Hari Kumar arrives in Japan
Click here for more Current Affairs