- The 6th Edition of Indo – Kazakhstan joint training exercise “KAZIND-22” is conducted at Umroi (Meghalaya) from 15 to 28 December 2022.
- The scope of this exercise involves a Command Post Exercise (CPX) at the Battalion level and Company level Field Training Exercise (FTX) on sub-conventional operations.
- During the exercise, participants will engage in a variety of missions ranging from joint planning, joint tactical drills, basics of special arms skills, HADR, and raiding a hostile target.
- The two countries instituted a joint annual training exercise in 2016 as ‘Exercise Prabal Dostyk’, which was later upgraded to a company-level exercise and renamed ‘Exercise Kazind’ in 2018.
- Kazakhstan Army soldiers comprising of troops from the Regional Command, and South and Indian Army soldiers from the 11 Gorkha Rifles will be participating in the exercise.
- Aim of the exercise is to build positive military relations, imbibe each other’s best practices and promote the ability to operate together while undertaking counter-terrorist operations in semi-urban / jungle scenarios, under a UN peace enforcement mandate.
- “Exercise KAZIND” will raise the level of defense cooperation between the Indian Army and Kazakhstan Army which will further boost bilateral relations between the two countries.
India,Kazakhstan start joint military drill ‘KAZIND-22’ in Meghalaya
Click here for more Current Affairs