- India on Wednesday carried out a successful training launch of an intermediate-range ballistic missile, Agni-3, from the APJ Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha.
- The test of Agni-3 was a part of routine user training launches which are performed under the aegis of the Strategic Forces Command.
- The launch was carried out by scientists for a predetermined range and stood on all the standards and operational parameters of the system.
- In another move, DRDO’s compendium on low intensity conflict (LIC) products was released jointly on Wednesday by Union Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla and Secretary DDR&D and Chairman DRDO, Samir V Kamat.
- This comes a month after India successfully test-fired indigenous new generation medium-range ballistic missile Agni Prime from the Odisha coast.
India successfully test fires intermediate-range ballistic missile Agni-3
Click here for more Current Affairs