- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi faculty Dr. Garima Agrawal has been awarded NASI-Platinum Jubilee Young Scientist Award 2022.
- NASI-Young Scientist Platinum Jubilee Award is an initiative by the NASI for Indian/Overseas citizens of India below 35 years of age.
- The award has been instituted to recognize promise, creativity and excellence in young scientists. NASI-Platinum Jubilee Young Scientist Award is a prestigious recognition for young scientists notably contributing in any branch of Science and Technology recognized by the NASI on the basis of work carried out in India.
- This annual scientific award has been given to Dr. Garima Agrawal in the ‘Chemical Sciences’ category in recognition of notable contributions made by her.
- This award carries a medal and a citation with a cash prize of Rs. 25,000.
- Dr. Agrawal is interested in developing functional polymers and colloidal particles with controlled chemical structure and morphology.
- Taking inspiration from nature, her team focuses in particular on the chemical design of macromolecules that show stimuli responsive behavior, self-assembly, and programmable degradation.
- The research group is particularly interested in the synthesis of novel micro/nanomaterials and using them for designing interactive materials with active properties for targeted applications such as controlled release, plant care, active packaging, biomaterials, drug delivery, tissue engineering etc.
IIT Mandi Faculty Bags NASI-Young Scientist Award
Click here for more Current Affairs