- The state’s first eco-friendly sewage treatment plant (STP) will be set up in the tourist hotspot of Manali.
- The sewerage and drinking water schemes worth Rs 369 crore have been approved to connect the town and seven panchayats in the suburbs of Manali City with the sewer system.
- This scheme will be built under the sequential batch reactor system.
- With this system, the amount of pollution in the STP will be negligible. So far, STPs have been built in the state with simple technology. The biochemical oxygen demand of the ordinary treatment plant remains up to 30 ppm. However, the biochemical oxygen demand of this STP shall not exceed 10 ppm.
- A tender worth about Rs 100 crore has been opened for laying the sewerage network in the first phase and the process is underway to award the job soon.
- The drinking water line will be completed in the second phase and the STP work will be carried out in the third phase.
- According to the authorities of the Jal Shakti Department, the entire project will take around three years to complete.
Himachal’s first eco-friendly sewage treatment plant (STP) to be constructed in manali
Click here for more Current Affairs