- The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Monday revealed the winners of the ICC Player of the Month awards for September 2022. Pakistan’s Mohammad Rizwan is crowned ICC Men’s Player of the Month, while India’s inspirational captain Harmanpreet Kaur is named ICC Women’s Player of the Month.
- In a highly competitive field, Rizwan wins his first ICC Men’s Player of the Month award following a stunning run of scoring throughout September, beating out other contenders Cameron Green (Australia) and Axar Patel (India).
- Kaur beat tough competition from her Indian teammate – opener Smriti Mandhana and Bangladesh skipper Nigar Sultana who also came up with some stunning displays.
- After her win, Harmanpreet stated, “It was great to be nominated for the award, and to win it is an amazing feeling. To come out as winner when being nominated alongside Smriti and Nigar is very humbling.
- “I have always taken immense pride in representing my country and achieving the historic ODI series win in England will remain a landmark moment for me in my career.
Harmanpreet Kaur becomes India’s first winner of the ICC Women’s Player of the September month – 2022
Click here for more Current Affairs