- After Nano Urea, the Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya has now approved Nano DAP.
- IFFCO’s Nano Di-Ammonia Phosphate (DAP) has been approved by the Union Ministry of Agriculture and notified in the Fertilizer Control Order (FCO).
- Nano DAP will be produced by Fertilizer Corporation IFFCO and it will prove to be a revolutionary change for the country’s agriculture and economy.
- In June 2021, IFFCO launched nano urea in liquid form as an alternative to conventional urea.
- It has set up many manufacturing plants in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh to produce nano urea.
- There is no government subsidy on nano urea and it is being sold at Rs 240 per bottle.
- At present, the price of a 50 kg DAP bag is fixed at Rs 1350. A subsidy of Rs 2467.12 is being given by the Central Government.
- At the same time, the price of 500 ml Nano DAP is expected to be fixed at Rs 600 to 700. No subsidy will be payable on IFFCO Nano DAP. Mostly DAP is used in wheat crops only.