- Famous litterateurs Madhu Kankaria and Dr. Madhav Hada were awarded the 31st and 32nd Bihari Puraskar for 2021 and 2022 respectively in a program organised in Udaipur on 9 November.
- Prof. Indravardhan Trivedi, Vice Chancellor of Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, the chief guest of the program presented two and a half lakh rupees, citation and emblem to the litterateurs.
- The award was presented to Madhu Kankaria for his novel ‘Hum Yahan The’ and to Dr. Madhav Hada for his critical work ‘Pacharang Chola Pahar Sakhi Re’.
- Kankaria, a recipient of Bihari Puraskar 2021, has written many prose, poems and books. His novel ‘Hum Yahan The’ is based on the struggle of tribals in Jharkhand.
- It also provides information about the culture, society and economic conditions of Kolkata.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by KK Birla Foundation in 1991. Named after the famous poet Bihari, the award for Rajasthani authors carries a cash prize of ₹2.5 lakh, a plaque and a citation.
- Kankariya was awarded the Puraskar for her 2018 novel ‘Hum Yahan The’ while Hada was awarded for his 2015 literary criticism book ‘Pachrang Chola Pahar Sakhi Ri’.
- The awards to the writers were given by Indravardhan Trivedi, vice-chancellor of Mohan Lal Sukhadia University in Udaipur during a program at the university premises.
Famous litterateurs Madhu Kankaria and Dr. Madhav Hada honored with Bihari Puraskar
Click here for more Current Affairs