- The first-ever joint military exercise between the special forces of the Indian Army and the Egyptian Army is currently underway in Rajasthan.
- According to an official statement, ‘Exercise Cyclone-I’ began on January 14 with the aim to strengthen defense cooperation between the two nations.
- Exercise “CYCLONE – I” is a first-of-its-kind exercise bringing the Special Forces of both countries on a common platform.
- The exercise is being conducted for the troops of both countries to advance their Special Forces skills like sniping, combat free fall, reconnaissance, surveillance, target designation, and sharing of information on weapons, equipment, innovations, and tactics.
- This time he will be the chief guest on Republic Day 2023. The President of Egypt was invited to celebrate the momentous occasion of 75 years of diplomatic relations between India and Egypt.
- The two countries established formal relations just three days after India gained independence on 15 August 1947. The President of Egypt had earlier visited India for the first time in the year 2015. Sisi’s upcoming visit to India will be his third after becoming the President.
Exercise Cyclone-I: Special Forces of India, Egypt begin first ever joint exercise
Click here for more Current Affairs