eSanjeevani is a government scheme that offers online OPD doctor consultations to citizens. This intervention proves even more useful during pandemic times.
What is eSanjeevani?
- The scheme was started in November 2019.
- It is run by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Also called the National Teleconsultation Service, it aims to provide healthcare services to patients in their homes.
- It includes a structured and safe teleconsultation between a doctor and a patient through online mode (eSanjeevani OPD).
- The eSanjeevani OPD portal and system have been developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in Mohali.
- The panel of doctors on the service is drawn by the state governments.
- A few states like Jharkhand, Kerala, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, etc. have started offering specialized doctor consultation services also.
- The service is also available on mobile applications.