- Setting up of Department of Peace and Non-Violence with Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra approving the proposal of the Cabinet on the eve of Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October 2022. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had earlier announced that the Directorate of Peace and Non-Violence would be made into a department, according to a statement issued by the government.
- The ideas of peace and non-violence will be effectively propagated through the department. Various exhibitions, competitions and programmes related to Mahatma Gandhi will be organised. A detailed plan for such programmes will be prepared and financial arrangements ensured.
- Various exhibitions, competitions, and programs related to Mahatma Gandhi, various great men, martyrs, freedom fighters, peace and harmony, and social unity will also be organized by this department.
- The financial arrangement will be ensured by preparing a detailed plan for such programs. Also, proposals related to peace and non-violence, communal harmony, social equality, universal brotherhood, and social reforms based on the ideas and principles of Mahatma Gandhi will be prepared and appropriate steps will be taken by the department for their implementation.
- A committee will also be constituted by the department for the proposals received for various awards like Gandhi Sadbhavna Samman.
Department of peace and non-violence established Rajasthan
Click here for more Current Affairs