- Delhi airport has been adjudged as one of the best airports as well as the cleanest airport in the Asia Pacific region by international grouping ACI.
- The Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), operated by DIAL, has bagged the award for Airport Service Quality (ASQ) best airport for 2022 in the category of over 40 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA).
- It has also been named as the cleanest airport in the Asia Pacific region by the Airports Council International (ACI).
- ACI is a non-profit organisation of airport operators. Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) is a GMR Airports Infrastructure Ltd-consortium.
- The Airport Service Quality Awards are based on passenger surveys conducted to rate customer satisfaction on the day of travel.
- According to ACI, 144 awards have been given by 75 airports globally based on over 465,000 surveys collected in 2022.
Delhi International Airport is the second ‘cleanest airports’ in Asia-Pacific as per Airports Council International’s (ACI) Report
Click here for more Current Affairs