- Adding more attractions to the State of Unity – the 182-metre world’s tallest statue depicting Vallabhbhai Patel – Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Maze Garden and Miyawaki Forest in Gujarat’s Ekta Nagar.
- The Statue of Unity was inaugurated 4 years ago by the PM in October 2013 and these attractions have been added keeping up with his vision of making it a tourism hub catering to all age groups.
- “The newly added Maze (labyrinth) Garden, spread across three acres with a pathway of 2,100 metres, is the largest maze garden in the country and has been developed in a short span of just eight months.
- The objective of the Maze is to challenge the minds, bodies and senses of the tourists while giving them a sense of adventure and triumph.
- To provide a green cover around the Maze 1,80,000 saplings have been planted including that of orange gemini, madhu kamini, glory bowar and mehndi.
- Interestingly, the area where the Maze Garden is located used to be a dumping site which has now been given a makeover and turned into a verdant landscape while creating a vibrant ecosystem for butterflies, honeybees and birds to flourish.
Country’s largest Maze Garden and Miyawaki Forest inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ekta Nagar, Gujarat
Click here for more Current Affairs