- On October 2, 2022, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the award of awards in the name of the country’s eminent theater artist, playwright and director Late Habib Tanveer and litterateur and environmentalist Late Anupam Mishra.
- Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel announced this award in the name of both the personalities at a program organized on Gandhi, Youth and Challenges of New India at Shaheed Smarak Bhawan in Raipur.
- Late Habib Tanvir was born on September 1, 1923 in Raipur. After getting education, he moved to Mumbai in 1945 and started a job in All India Radio as a producer. While there, he wrote songs for Hindi films. He also acted in a few films. Composed many plays.
- Habib Tanveer received many awards and the Pt Vibhushan Samman in the year 2002. He was also a Rajya Sabha MP from 1972 to 1978. His play Charandas Chor was the first Indian play to be awarded at the Edinburgh International Drama Festival (1982). His major works include Agra Bazaar (1954), Charandas Chor (1975).
- The Chief Minister informed that 300 Rural Industrial Parks are being developed in the first phase. For this, one to three acres of land has been reserved for the park in Gauthans. In the first phase, two Gauthans in each development block are being developed as Rural Industrial Parks.
- A provision of Rs 600 crore has been made for this scheme in the budget of the state government. An amount of Rs 1 crore each has been provided to all the approved rural industrial parks. With this amount, arrangements are being made for the training of youth. These parks will be equipped with electricity and water facilities, working shed and approach road.
- Units for the manufacture of vermi compost, poultry, goat rearing, agricultural and horticultural crops and processing of minor forest produce are also being set up in the Gauthans developed under the Suraji Gaon Yojana.
- Along with this, flour-mill, pulse mill, oil mills are also being established. A large number of women and youth of self-help groups in rural areas are getting good means of income along with employment by engaging in such income generating activities . Due to which their financial condition is getting better and better each day. Panchayat and Rural Development Department has been made the nodal department for this scheme.
Chhattisgarh launched Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Park Scheme
Click here for more Current Affairs