- The central government on Tuesday elevated two high court judges while notifying new chief justices of Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, and Rajasthan high courts.
- Justice PB Varale has been elevated as chief justice of Karnataka High Court and justice Ali Mohammad Magrey as chief justice of J&K High Court.
- Justice Pankaj Mithal, sitting Chief Justice of J&K High Court, has been transferred to Rajasthan High Court as chief justice.
- Justice P B Varale of the Bombay HC has been appointed Chief Justice of the Karnataka HC. The HC has had an Acting Chief Justice since July.
- Justice Pankaj Mithal, who was the Chief Justice of the Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh HC, has now been appointed Chief Justice of the Rajasthan HC.
Centre appoints Chief Justices of Karnataka, Jammu and Kashmir and Rajasthan high courts
Click here for more Current Affairs