- Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar has been invited by the Election Commission of Nepal as an international observer for the forthcoming elections to Nepal’s House of Representatives and Provincial Assembly, the Election Commission said.
- Shri Rajiv Kumar will be leading a delegation of ECI officials as State guest in Nepal from 18th November to 22nd November, 2022. During his visit Shri Kumar would be visiting Polling stations at Kathmandu and areas around.
- ECI also has a similar International Election Visitors Program where members from other Election Management Bodies are invited to experience firsthand our General and Assembly Elections held periodically.
- The Election Commission of India has always been in the forefront with fellow Election Management Bodies (EMBs) and relevant international organizations/associations in promoting the cause of democracy worldwide, through bilateral as well as multilateral interactions and has always endeavored to promote contacts, facilitate exchange of knowledge and sharing of best practices with a view to strengthen democratic institutions and processes.
- ECI’s India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM) has by far trained more than 2200 officers from 109 countries of whom 70 officers from Nepal have also been trained as part of capacity building initiatives.
- A capacity building program for 25 officials from Election Commission of Nepal is also scheduled to be held from 13th to 24th March 2023 at IIIDEM.
CEC Shri Rajiv Kumar invited as International Observer for forthcoming Elections in Nepal
Click here for more Current Affairs