- Captain Surbhi Jakhmola of the Indian Army’s 117 Engineer Regiment will be the first woman officer to be posted on a foreign assignment at the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- The officer will be sent to Bhutan as part of Project Dantak.
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is an executive road construction force in India that supports the Indian armed forces.
- BRO builds and maintains the road network on India’s borders and in friendly neighboring countries. It is also included in the Order of Battle of the Armed Forces, which ensures their support at all times.
- To improve border connectivity, the BRO was completely transferred to the Ministry of Defense in 2015.
- First woman officer posted in battlefield Siachen After rigorous training at Siachen Summer School, Captain Shiva Chauhan has been posted as the first woman officer in Siachen.
- Shiva Chauhan, a graduate in civil engineering from Rajasthan, is a Bengal Sapper officer. She was commissioned in the Engineering Regiment in May 2021.
- The first woman police commissioner of Uttar Pradesh, Laxmi Singh has been posted as Police Commissioner in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. She will be the top cop of Noida. She has become the first woman officer to reach this position in UP.