- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy issued an order to transfer all rights to the farmers of the state in one stroke from the British era revenue record category of ‘dotted land’ to over two lakh acres of land.
- He said 97,471 families will benefit from this move as these lands are deleted from Section 22 A of the registration law.
- The registration value of this land is around Rs 8,000 crore and their market value is at least Rs 20,000 crore.
‘The Dotted Land’ :-
- Reddy said that land was classified as such in the revenue records or Register Resettlement Register (RSR) by the colonial British government 100 years ago when they could not clearly establish ownership, whether private Be or public (government owned).
- Due to this dubious designation, farmers cultivating these lands together for decades suffered due to lack of ownership, registration and mutation, including not being able to transact for sale, security, mortgage and other purposes.