- The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has launched the ‘Aarohini Initiative Training Programme’ for the safety and security of girls in all 746 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBV) in the state.
- The campaign is being started to make the daughters of the underprivileged section capable and self-reliant, according to a government press release.
- The campaign aims at enabling the girls to raise their voices for their rights.
- Director General of School Education Vijay Kiran Anand said that the main objective of the Aarohini program to be implemented in three phases is gender sensitization.
- In the first phase, 2-2 teachers will be trained, which will start from February 1, 2023, in Lucknow. Under this campaign, ASU has signed between Samrag Shiksha Abhiyan and NGO.
- Two female teachers of each Kasturba Gandhi Residential Girls’ School will receive training, who will then educate girl students of their respective schools.
- Along with teachers, this institution will also prepare girl students through debate and other activities.
‘Aarohini Pahal’ Training Program’ started by the UP government
Click here for more Current Affairs