- The 39th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy is being conducted from 08 – 19 December 2022.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk, an indigenously built Missile Corvette participated in the pre-deployment briefing at Belawan, Indonesia. The CORPAT will be executed along the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) from 15 to 16 December 2022 and will conclude with a debrief at Port Blair.
- Along with INS Karmuk, L-58 (indigenously built Landing Craft Utility vessel) and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft will be participating in the CORPAT. KRI Cut Nyak Dien, a Kapitan Pattimura Class Corvette, would represent the Indonesian side.
- As part of Indian government’s vision SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region), Indian Navy has proactively engaged with countries in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) to enhance maritime security in the region.
- Indian Navy has been proactively engaging with other countries in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) to tighten maritime security keeping in line with the Government of India’s vision SAGAR (Security And Growth for All in the Region).
- Coordinated Patrols (CORPATs) serve as a great platform to understand each others’ navies and enhance interoperability. These patrols between the navies facilitate the implementation of measures to prevent and suppress Illegal Unreported Unregulated (IUU) fishing, drug trafficking, maritime terrorism, armed robbery and piracy.
- By exchanging information to prevent smuggling, and illegal immigration, and to carry out Search and Rescue (SAR) operations at sea, CORPATs also contribute to improving operational synergy between foreign navies.
- Navies of India and Indonesia have been conducting CORPATs twice a year since 2002. The countries traditionally share a close and friendly relationship covering a wide spectrum of activities and interactions.
- With the 39th edition of IND-INDO CORPAT, both nations seek to further strengthen maritime cooperation and forge strong bonds of friendship.
39th Edition Of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol being organized
Click here for more Current Affairs