- The 27the edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) will be held from December 9 to 16 in Thiruvananthapuram, Culture Minister VN Vasavan said.
- The previous two editions of the film festival were held in February and March because of the Covid outbreak.This year, the festival will be returning in December.
- IFFK is hosted by the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy on behalf of the Department of Cultural Affairs, Government of Kerala. Over the years, the IFFK has become a delight for film buffs who come from far and wide.
- The eight-day fest conducts the screening of films in the categories International Competition, Malayalam Cinema Today, Indian Cinema Now, World Cinema, Country Focus, Retrospectives of major filmmakers, Contemporary Focus, Homages and various curated packages.
- Coupled with film screenings, platforms like Open Forum and workshops are also organised for the delegates to interact with film fraternities from all over the world. The annual Aravindan Memorial Lecture is a major event in the Festival.
27th edition of IFFK being organized in Kerala
Click here for more Current Affairs